What can I do if my passport/travel document is lost or stolen while I am abroad?
If you lose your passport we recommend the following steps:
- Report it to the local Police/Garda station
- Contact your local embassy or consulate and produce your police report to them.
- They will issue you with either a replacement passport or an emergency passport.
To prevent this from happening, before your trip we highly recommend that you:
- Keep copies of your documents.
- Keep electronic and paper copies of your passport, and other vital travel documents. Our advice is to email yourself a scan or picture of your passport and important travel documents so that you can access them wherever you are.