- Filter FAQs by:
- Booking a golf tour
- Before you go
- During the trip
- Golf in Ireland
There are several ways to book a golf tour to Ireland.
- Use our custom golf tour planner to book your dream Irish golf tour.
- Request one of our most popular golf tour packages.
- Avail of one of our special offers.
- Alternatively, contact one of our golf tour experts.
The honest answer is no. However, there are significant advantages to booking your golf tour through a golf operator (SWING Hopefully!).
By booking through us you can avail of:
- Discounted rates at top courses put together in one package. We promise excellent value & our prices are some of the most competitive on the market.
- Access to our golf tour specialists who will use their years of expertise to build a golf tour that suits your needs. That includes organising accommodation, transport, dining options, sightseeing & more.
- One point of contact for all your bookings instead of multiple.
- The peace of mind that you are getting the most out of your Ireland experience for your budget.
- You can focus on playing golf & leave the rest to us.
- We respond to all queries within 24 hours.
- We offer easy payment methods.
- You will have 1 voucher book for your whole trip.
- You can avail of our emergency out-of-hours contact number for the duration of your trip.
SWING (South West Ireland Golf CLG) was founded in 1986 by Denis Brosnan CEO at the time of Kerry Group, the premier golf clubs in the region, the Irish Tourist Board, and Shannon Development. SWING began as an agency to promote the premier clubs in the South West of Ireland to a world golf audience. Since then, it has grown to be the largest and most renowned golf vacation handling agency in Ireland bringing Golfers to the finest Irish golf clubs for over 30 years in 2017.
Booking through SWING is very safe for two reasons.
Firstly, we have been creating golf tours to Ireland for 30 years and have a history of satisfying our clients through top-quality customer service.
Secondly, SWING Golf Ireland CLG is a company limited by guarantee and owned by its member clubs, the top golf clubs in South West Ireland. This means that it does not have a share capital and the constitution provides that the liability of its members is limited to such amount as the members may, in the constitution, respectively undertake to contribute to the assets of the CLG in the event of it being wound up.
To contact SWING, you can call us on +353 66 7125733 or email reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more info please visit our Contact page.
We highly recommend to all our clients that you book your green fees before booking flights, accommodation, or transport. This is due to high demand and limited availability during high season.
The best time to play golf in Ireland is during the week. A lot of our courses are member clubs so availability is limited at the weekend. Courses such as Ballybunion do not allow any visitors on Saturday or Sunday. Prices also tend to be higher at the weekend.
You can call us on our toll-free phone number 1855 526 4405 between the hours of 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Payment can be made by Bank Transfer or Credit Card. We accept all major credit cards & transactions are subject to handling fees depending on your card type. For more information please view our terms & conditions.
A reduction in numbers made after confirmation of booking must be notified to SWING one-month prior to the commencement of play. Failure to comply with this condition will result in the client being held liable for the full green fee.
Note: Normally, reduction in numbers falls within 1-4 persons. Any numbers greater than this are looked at individually. Cancellations made after confirmation of booking and one month in advance will result in withholding the booking deposit paid. Cancellation within one month will result in SWING withholding full payment. If, after confirmation of a booking the client(s) require a complete change in itinerary, this will be treated as a new booking and will incur administration fees. Any agreed refunds are at the discretion of the golf courses and are subject to administration fees.
Please send the course authorisation to SWING for processing.
To secure your golf tour, a 25% non-refundable deposit is required. The remainder will be due approx. 6 weeks in advance of your tour.
With demand for golf in Ireland increasing year on year, it is not unusual for golfers to book their tour over 12 months in advance of traveling. The golf clubs will open their tee times for 2018 in late-summer 2017 and we advise all our clients to book early to avoid disappointment. An example is courses such as Royal County Down and Old Head of Kinsale have been booked out for August 2017 since January.
Check out our golf tour booking process infographic.
The easiest ways to plan your golf tour are:
- If you know where you want to play, use our custom golf tour planner.
- If you need advice, contact one of our golf tour specialists.
We have several transport options available for golf tours. They include:
- Self-Drive / Car Rental.
- Private Chauffeur Driven Coach. (For groups of 7 persons plus)
- Private Chauffeur Driven Vehicle. (For groups up to 6 or individuals)
- Helicopter Transfers.
For full info please read our transportation guide.
The accommodation options are:
- 3,4 & 5 * Hotels.
- Self-Catering Accommodation.
- Guest-House Accommodation.
To book your golf tour, we usually require the following information:
- Proposed arrival and departure dates.
- Number of Golfers & non-Golfers.
- Number of rounds of golf required. Would you like to golf on day of arrival/ departure?
- Preferred courses for the schedule.
- Preferred tee times at each course.
- Do you require assistance with booking your accommodation? If so, would you prefer 3, 4 or 5 Star accommodation? What room type do you require? Twin/double or single occupancy?
- Would you like us to assist with booking ground transportation your visit? If so, would you prefer self-drive or chauffer driven transport?
Once we have processed your deposit payment, we will send you a full confirmation of your golf tour that includes final golf tour information.
We can provide you with expert advice on where to eat and drink as well as booking dinner for your group. Feel free to talk to one of our golf tour specialists for more information.
We can provide you with expert advice on where and how to visit Ireland’s many attractions. From the Cliffs of Moher in Co. Clare to the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin, we can assist you in experiencing all that Ireland offers. Check out our Sightseeing guide for more information on exploring the island of Ireland.
As Ireland’s golf tour experts, we specialise in organising golf, accommodation & transport during your trip to Ireland and do not organise flights at this time.
We currently do not organise golf tours to destinations outside of Ireland.
Yes, we welcome all non-golfers and we can organise sightseeing activities, accommodation, transport & more.
Group size for our tours varies greatly but timing needs to be considered when booking a large group. Groups of 12 or more need to be booked well in advance (8 Months +) to secure tee times at top links & parkland courses.
After you book, you may add as many golfers as you like but golf and accommodation bookings will be subject to availability.
Yes, we have many golfers who play 36 holes in one day and will be able to avail of a discounted rate for the second round in most courses.
Still have a question? We are here to helpCONTACT US